cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vffdd
Super User
Super User

Time Column

I have a dataverse table which is created from a dataflow which gets data from a CSV file.    I have 2 time columns in the csv file and they show the times in 24hour format, however when they come into the dataflow they are converted to 12hour and I can't seem to find where to convert them back? and on top of that when they land in the dataverse table they are in text format !!   

vffdd_0-1669304829306.png

vffdd_2-1669304954284.png

I am using them in powerapps gallery where I need to do some calculations based on the times so need them in 24 hour 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vffdd
Super User
Super User

thanks @gowrihalan04  I was actually able to do it at the transform data stage by transforming it to text/locale it seemed to work and gave me the numbers I needed !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GuidoPreite
Super User
Super User

Dataverse has not a time column, this is the reason they got imported as text, you can eventually use a Date&Time column and select a fixed date before doing the import.

vffdd
Super User
Super User

Thanks @GuidoPreite yes I've realised that but how can I change the time field to 24 hour in the dataflow I can't see anywhere to do that?

gowrihalan04
Helper V
Helper V

@vffdd When you have created clumn as Date time Dynamics Stores the value in UTC in Data Base. But in the front end it is displayed based on the user setting. You can check you setting like below screenshot.

gowrihalan04_0-1669396885247.pnggowrihalan04_1-1669396933370.png

vffdd
Super User
Super User

thanks @gowrihalan04  I was actually able to do it at the transform data stage by transforming it to text/locale it seemed to work and gave me the numbers I needed !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,604)