cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time (only) datatype for input in model-driven app/CDS/entity form

I have a form where the user needs to enter (or select from time picker) a start time and a end time - the field is defined as a datetime (since there is now time only) but I can't get the form to show/validate only the time part of the field ?

I am new to building model-driven apps on CDS - I did manage to get the date part of the field filled with a date value using the business rules - but there may be more elegant ways ?

Best

Torben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @TorbenKragelund,

Currently, there is no time only out-of-the-box data type field in CDS. You would need to create a "Date and Time" field and make it time zone independent in the Advanced settings.

There is however a free Time Picker PCF (Power Apps Component Framework) custom control, that you can use in your app. https://pcf.gallery/time-picker/.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @TorbenKragelund,

Currently, there is no time only out-of-the-box data type field in CDS. You would need to create a "Date and Time" field and make it time zone independent in the Advanced settings.

There is however a free Time Picker PCF (Power Apps Component Framework) custom control, that you can use in your app. https://pcf.gallery/time-picker/.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Thanks Eric

That worked - now I will just need to change it to 24 hour time 🙂

Best

Torben

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Users online (43,763)