cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRFT
Frequent Visitor

Transferring Solutions with data between Environments

I have a solution in one environment that includes 4 tables.  Three are small, but one contains about 10,000 entries, some of which have images.  I want to migrate the solution to another environment.  The first thing I tried was to export from each table (1 at a time) from environment A.  Then I tried to import 1 at a time (using the get data with Excel option).  This worked for the small tables, but not for the large table.  Here, I got the message:

Reason: Internal Server Error, Header x-ms-client-request-id bf549497-51cc-4801-ab6b-39766a673809, Error code: 0x80072553, Message: Error occured when processing image. Reason: attribute [column_name] is not the primary image attribute of entity [table_name]. We don't allow uploading of non-primary image attribute during Create operation.

I think I will be able to import the data by editing the table in excel and copying the data over.  I could also do a power query dataflow, but both are rather tedious.  Is there a simpler way to transfer data with a solution?

1 REPLY 1
cchannon
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Error seems pretty clear. You could do a run of Create then a run over the same rows as Update and that should bring in the files, or yeah, Dataflow.

Personally, I think Dataflow is probably easier than juggling the Id responses from all your create events to ensure that your updates hit the right records, but your call.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,575)