cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daved1
Helper II
Helper II

Trying to delete column that is linked to a Choice

I have a column in a Table linked to a Choice.  I want to delete it and use a Lookup instead.

I cannot delete due to dependency to Choice.  I went to Solution, and checked the dependency and the only one is the link to the Choice.

How do I break this dependency so i can delete this column ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Daved1 ,

You should be able to delete the column with the Choice still existing, it would stop you from deleting the Choice if you had a column on a table that utilizes.

Please check dependencies on the column of the table, I assume it is still on a form or view etc. that is causing the issue.

See top of screen here showing the "Show Dependencies" option

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 10.03.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-26 at 10.05.44 AM.png

If still stuck, please attach screen shot for the dependency but overall it should never go in that direction.

Hope this helps.  Please Accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Daved1 ,

You should be able to delete the column with the Choice still existing, it would stop you from deleting the Choice if you had a column on a table that utilizes.

Please check dependencies on the column of the table, I assume it is still on a form or view etc. that is causing the issue.

See top of screen here showing the "Show Dependencies" option

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 10.03.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-26 at 10.05.44 AM.png

If still stuck, please attach screen shot for the dependency but overall it should never go in that direction.

Hope this helps.  Please Accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @Daved1,

Yes @dpoggemann comment will 100% work for you.

Hi @dpoggemann 

I did delete the column from a View yesterday, yet still could not delete the column.  THis morning i tried to delete the column again, and it works - i was able to delete !  Looks like it took some hours before the deletion of the column from the view got registered .

Thanks

Dave

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Daved1 ,

After you delete the column from the View you need to "Publish All Customizations" or it won't recognize the delete. 😀. After this you can delete the column.

Glad you got it!

Thanks,

Drew

Thanks,
Drew
Daved1
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @dpoggemann 

I was not aware of this.  Thanks for the extra info - appreciate it

Dave

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,873)