cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silaman
Resolver I
Resolver I

Two tables were to have all their records deleted, now they won't relate with new values.

I have two data verse tables that had a 1 to many relationship.

I cleared both tables, deleted all records.

I am rebuilding the tables from scratch with the same data.

I can populate the first table and it counts from scratch no problems, however when I go to populate the second table using the lookup to the first table it doesn't let me make any entries.

Power apps will say 'An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again.'

A manual entry in dataverse will just say 'There was an error saving this record' no explanation, nothing has changed other than clearing all records.

I've heard about stuff that goes on behind the scenes with dataverse that you can't get to.

I have tried deleting the lookup column from the second table that refers to the first and then redoing it, no fix.

Do I really have to delete both tables and start again?

If I use the same table and column names, is that also going to assume some lingering preset that hasn't gone away, because then I'd have to re go over everything inside the app aswell.

Quite frustrating at the moment.

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @silaman ,

Deleting the data in the tables should not affect how the tables function / relate data.  Not sure what is going on here... We could probably walk through the setup / configuration in a Teams call and I can see if I can determine what is happening.  If this works, private message me with your email and we can set something up to walk through.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,311)