cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KateTT

Unable to create New Sandbox Environment: "At least 1GB capacity required"? After adding Power Apps Subscription

Hi, 

I am trying to create a new Environment to build a power app.  I have a new Office 365 Business Premium account for a new company with 4 users.  I got my licenses in April 2020 (a few weeks ago).  I had the same problem I've seen in other posts where I get a message "At least 1GB capacity required".  I added Power App Licenses (the 6 month free trial licenses) and got 1000 of them.  This did not increase my CDS as it did for other users who reported that they got 10GB.  I got none.  Then I added  per app Power App license and only got 50MB.  Still cannot add an environment.

Any ideas for next steps?

2 REPLIES 2
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @KateTT,

Have you/your organisation purchased the correct additional storage license? Microsoft recently changes the licensing model and storage is now segregated into 3 groups:

• Common Data Service for Apps Database Capacity
  • Common Data Service for Apps File Capacity
  • Common Data Service for Apps Log Capacity

For more info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/capacity-storage

Cheers

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@KateTT,

Based on the issue you mentioned, you want to create a Sandbox environment with the current license.2.png

Look at the picture shown above, your current Per App Plan is simply not enough. So if you’re using just the Per App Plans, you at least need around 20 licenses to create a database for a sandbox environment as 20 licenses × 50 MB is around 1 GB required CDS storage.

In a word, no matter what type of environment, you need to consume at least 1GB of capacity.

If you have to create an app in PowerApps, purchase more licenses.

Best Regards,

Qi Qiao

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,769)