cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelkilani
Regular Visitor

Unwanted Provisioned Columns

Hello,

When I create a new Environment and then create a Database for the environment, a bunch of default Tables in the Dataverse are automatically created i.e. Account, Activity, Address, etc... 

When I create my own Table, it is then “provisioned” with a bunch of columns that are foreign keys to these default Tables. I can't delete these columns because of their dependencies, and I can't delete the default Tables because they're standard tables, which I think can’t even be deleted according to this article. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/entity-overview#:~:text=Tables%20are%...)

Am I missing something? Is this intentional?

Shouldn't I be the one to create my own data, and define my own relationships between the Tables? Why am I forced to abide by these restrictions, when I don’t even need or want these default Tables? I want to create my own Tables and relationships. 

This is severely slowing down my development time, so any help appreciated! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @michaelkilani,

You can't delete these standard tables as they come out of the box for every environment and provide default system functionality.

You should strongly consider looking at leveraging these tables as it can save you reinventing the wheel for some things. In every application that I have ever developed on this platform or Dynamics CRM has used Contact and/or Account for some purpose. You can retrofit these to your needs and give them different labels on the table or the fields and simply use only what you need. The unused things would just stay dormant and not cause any issues in your application so there is no real reason to have to delete them. 

Hope this helps. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @michaelkilani,

You can't delete these standard tables as they come out of the box for every environment and provide default system functionality.

You should strongly consider looking at leveraging these tables as it can save you reinventing the wheel for some things. In every application that I have ever developed on this platform or Dynamics CRM has used Contact and/or Account for some purpose. You can retrofit these to your needs and give them different labels on the table or the fields and simply use only what you need. The unused things would just stay dormant and not cause any issues in your application so there is no real reason to have to delete them. 

Hope this helps. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

michaelkilani
Regular Visitor

Ok that makes sense. If it's intentional and can just be ignored, I'll work around it. Thanks Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (55,091)