cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinVargas
Helper V
Helper V

Update data when we press the "Send" button

I'm working with a portal form in power apps, and my question is that I can't update a column in the dataverse. Basically I want that when the "Send" (Enviar)button is pressed, the record that was recorded changes its value.

Taking the following form as an example, I want the Status (Estado) column to change to Inactive when I click on submit (Enviar).

MartinVargas_0-1637898638615.png

Can anybody help me out here?

Cheers folks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Prakash4691Thank you very much, your idea solved my problem, it was only to configure a metadata in the final form.

The solution was the following. (When submitting the form the boolean data will be saved as true)

MartinVargas_0-1638205224807.pngMartinVargas_1-1638205280742.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Arcadi
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @MartinVargas

I don't have experience in portal but in model driven apps I would add a PowerFx formula, something like: 

Patch(Table,Self.Selected.Item,{Estado:'Estado (Table)'.Inactive});

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @MartinVargas,

Could you please tel me what Operation will happen in DataVerse environment on click of Submit button in Portal?

So that I can suggest an OOB process to achieve the same.

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

@MartinVargas,

You can configure entity form/basic form. Add action button which calls on-demand workflow. In that workflow add set status step of the record to inactive.

Attaching link for your reference,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/configure-web-form-metadata

Regards,

Prakash

Hello @MartinVargas,

Is your issues fixed?

Hi @Prakash4691Thank you very much, your idea solved my problem, it was only to configure a metadata in the final form.

The solution was the following. (When submitting the form the boolean data will be saved as true)

MartinVargas_0-1638205224807.pngMartinVargas_1-1638205280742.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,613)