cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorenchristiaen
Helper I
Helper I

Use rich text editor in a word template.

I am making a word template with rich text editor. My users want to make layout changes in my model driven app such as bold etc. as you can see in screen1 i added a rich text editor with layout but when i generate the template inside the model driven app, then it doesn't show with the words in bold. I used the content control text with layout but it is not taking over the layout. Anybody knows how to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @jorenchristiaen,

Unfortunately the current limitations of Word Templates in Dataverse only support plain text and picture. Similarly, the Power Automate Word Online connector also does not support a Rich Text Content Control at this time. 

If you would like to see this feature, I suggest posting it in the Ideas section so that it gains visibility and with hopefully enough votes, it will get some priority from the product team to implement.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @jorenchristiaen,

Unfortunately the current limitations of Word Templates in Dataverse only support plain text and picture. Similarly, the Power Automate Word Online connector also does not support a Rich Text Content Control at this time. 

If you would like to see this feature, I suggest posting it in the Ideas section so that it gains visibility and with hopefully enough votes, it will get some priority from the product team to implement.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

I have seen "ideas" for this feature as far back as 2018. Is Microsoft still working on improving / fixing Power Automate or have they moved on to something else?...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,549)