cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StUK

User Relationships - Get User 'Created By'

Hi,

I'm experimenting with my first Power App and Power Automate flows and am having trouble in the flow obtaining user information for a user who created a record in another table.

I have created a table 'Reminders' which is populated using a small Power App. When I insert a record I can see the Created By column is assigned a User GUID. This Guid seems to have a FK (Relationship) with the User column in the Users table.

When I create a Power Automate Flow and try and 'Get a record' (action) passing in the Guid I just get 'systemuser' as a response rather than a record. Looking at the Keys in the table, the only one listed is the AAD Guid column which is the Guid as assigned in AAD. 

My question is, how can I get the user record from 'Created By' field of another table.

My end goal is to then use Push Notifications to send a reminder to the Power Apps mobile app, so for I have only managed to do this via an email address, hence trying to get the user record.

Thanks

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @StUK how are you?

@StUK , at Power Automate to retrieve information from a record and attributes on the related record you can use the expand query property.

Please take a look on this post about this subject Using Expand Query in Power Automate with CDS - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Please let me know if this information helped on your question.

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @StUK how are you?

@StUK , at Power Automate to retrieve information from a record and attributes on the related record you can use the expand query property.

Please take a look on this post about this subject Using Expand Query in Power Automate with CDS - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Please let me know if this information helped on your question.

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Works great, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,303)