cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmithUser25
Frequent Visitor

Users can open model app "pages" I send, but cannot open the model app itself?

Hi - 

We published a model driven app, and I can share individual navigation pages that the user can interact with, but when I share the overall app link, the user sees the pop-up:

"The app URL wasn’t found or you need permissions to open it. Please check the URL and try again, or contact your system administrator"

We created User Teams and assigned Teams to Business Units.  Each person also has a security role.  The app is shared to each of the security roles.  

Any suggestions? 

Thank you ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
365-Assist
Power Participant
Power Participant

I assume you have created a customised Security role. When this happens to me I compare my Security Role to the standard "System Customizer" Role.

365Assist_0-1655335038462.png

---------------------------------------------------
Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFpvUlpx84FuIPOdInGKMTw
Twitter: https://twitter.com/assist_365

Regards
Darren Lutchner - 365 Assist

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
365-Assist
Power Participant
Power Participant

I assume you have created a customised Security role. When this happens to me I compare my Security Role to the standard "System Customizer" Role.

365Assist_0-1655335038462.png

---------------------------------------------------
Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFpvUlpx84FuIPOdInGKMTw
Twitter: https://twitter.com/assist_365

Regards
Darren Lutchner - 365 Assist

SmithUser25
Frequent Visitor

Yes, we have 3 custom security roles.  Each has different level of access to Business Units data. 

Good idea to compare to another role.  Since this role will not need to customer the envt, but be able to use the app, at which role should I look to compare to the User can launch the apps and see all navigation pages from the UI url link? 

It is the oddest thing that Users can open each Navigation page UI if I send the individual page URL, but cannot see the overall app or launch the app / see the app listed. 

Thank you !

Hi @SmithUser25,

You must ensure your security roles have Read access with global scope to the Model-Driven App privilege (under the Customizations tab). More info documented here

The Basic User security role is a good starting point. It's generally recommended to clone that role and then add other privileges per your needs.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you. Actually yes to both. Cloned the basic user and made sure model app privilege was selected under customizations. it has to be a setting somewhere under permissions and privileges that we missed. 

I found out he created owner teams instead of access teams…. would any of that make a difference? (Business unit security is also not working)

After trying several different options, Plus finding some errors in some other work, I cleaned them out and did what you suggested. I actually used the system customizer role and changed the core records (acct) , business management records (BU) and custom entities to the business unit levels that I needed …. and it works. Still having a little problem with business unit access on other custom entities but getting much closer. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,612)