cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Users cannot see Business Process Flow stages with custom security role

Hi,

I have created a custom business process flow for an entity and also custom security roles assigned to my users, the users can start a process but not see all the stages (or go forward in the process).

E.g.

martinlaukkanen_0-1607681402657.png

My Admin user will see the complete process:

martinlaukkanen_1-1607681446126.png

I have configured the Security role with permissions to the BPF:

martinlaukkanen_3-1607681572955.png

As well as confirmed that the users have permissions to the entity. Also I have tried setting permissions on the "Customization" tab for "Process, Process Configuration and Process Session" but nothing helps.

What's telling is that the users cannot see the raw data via OData, e.g.

/api/data/v9.0/processstages

Returns nothing for users but for my users I see everything.

What have I missed?

Thanks,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for the suggestions, I did check to make sure that all teams had the CDS User default role, but that didn't fix it.

In the end it was the permissions under "customization", the role needed process and process session permission greater than user, so the below worked. (Earlier I had only read / user owned)

martinlaukkanen_0-1607951924698.png

Cheers,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @martinlaukkanen 

Troubleshooting custom security roles can be very tedious.  I always find it best to start with an OOTB security role like Common Data Service User, copy it and then add permission on top of it, in order to create a custom role.  The reason for this is that the OOTB security roles usually have all the minimum requirements for running standard things like Business Process Flows.  I find it is usually easier to start with a OOTB security role, see if it works and then remove the permission that it shouldn't have rather than trying to add permissions to an empty role.

Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for the suggestions, I did check to make sure that all teams had the CDS User default role, but that didn't fix it.

In the end it was the permissions under "customization", the role needed process and process session permission greater than user, so the below worked. (Earlier I had only read / user owned)

martinlaukkanen_0-1607951924698.png

Cheers,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Users online (14,581)