Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silva_BR
Helper I
Helper I

Users outside my organization - Dataverse For Teams

Hi,
I looked at the Dataverse For Teams FAQ but it wasn't clear to me yet.Can I create an app directly from Teams using Dataverse For Teams and can I invite users outside my organization to join my team and allow them to use my app? Can they do CRUD?

Ty!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Silva_BR,

Yes DV4T is a "light" version of Dataverse that allows you to create apps directly in Teams and can perform CRUD operations directly on the tables or via a canvas app. And yes you can have guest users, but would require a license to use the apps.
Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Silva_BR,

Yes DV4T is a "light" version of Dataverse that allows you to create apps directly in Teams and can perform CRUD operations directly on the tables or via a canvas app. And yes you can have guest users, but would require a license to use the apps.
Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Silva_BR,

From my understanding the guest users would need to have the right licensing to be able to utilize the Dataverse for Teams capability which means a valid Office 365 license within their organization.  Please see the licensing guide appendix B for qualifying Power Apps licensing.  

Also, guest users will only have access to their own records within the Dataverse for Teams app.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,333)