cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kobia
Microsoft
Microsoft

Web api - Query for all attributes in a solution

Is there a query I can use to retrieve all fields that are part of a solution?

So if I have imported Sol. A with some field additions to contact, and then Sol. B with more additions to contact, I want to get only the fields for Sol. A

I have tried using solutioncomponents to get all component of type Attributes, but I get only small part of all attributes of the solution

6 REPLIES 6
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Kobia,

What is the exact scenario why you need this? The reason I'm asking is the solution packager is meant to deconstruct a solution into XML files which you can then commit into your source control (e.g. Git). Then you can leverage the source control goodness to analysis the difference and all. For Azure DevOps or GitHub, there are some build tools to facilitate this which is called Pack and Unpack actions. https://docs.microsoft.com/power-platform/alm/devops-build-tools 

Hope this helps!

Kobia
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @EricRegnier,

I build a tool, based on excel to provide SI's with information and auto generated ERD, partly derived from a power apps environment. The user provides as input environment name(s) and solution prefix(es) to filter entities\attributes from an environment. I use power queries in excel to retrieve the metadata via oData.

i checked also the xrmtools document generator to see if  there is some magic there (when selecting an environment) but is suffers from the same issue

Are you trying to generate an ERD, if so confused with your initial post...
Have you looked at Solution Packager? As mentioned, can extract it to XML files and then with PowerShell or .NET can perform your logic on the XML and compare...

Kobia
Microsoft
Microsoft

I am trying to generate an ERD so I need tables\fields\relationships info for what is inside a single solution.

I don't want any dependencies for the end user except having excel and credentials to his environment (so i can use odata connection), so he can run the tool again and again for whatever changes done in the environment, so having him use package manager will be an overkill... 

Kobia
Microsoft
Microsoft

I did, however,

1. My target visualizer is power bi (for showing the ERDs- showing display names, descriptions, relationships, different layouts of a solution -each showing some tables, allow easily moving entities around,...)

2. I want the user to specify solution name(s), and not a list of tables

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (56,560)