Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwilliamson
Helper I
Helper I

What Microsoft Applications use the Default CDS

Hey,

I have some questions regarding the Default environment.

1. I would like to know which Microsoft applications are specifically using the "Default" Common Data Service DB within Power Platform. I know Power Apps uses it and I believe Power Automate approvals are also in there somewhere. What else ? Forms Pro? Dynamics? etc.

2. Certain O365 licenses enable users within the "Default" Common Data Service DB. Depending on which licenses they are assigned they are also assigned certain security roles.

- I would like to know all the licenses which enable a user in the "Default" Common Data Service DB 

- I would also like to know which security roles get automatically assigned for each of these licenses in the "Default" Common Data Service DB.

Is this information published anywhere?

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @pwilliamson,

The default environment allows Power Apps and Flows. If a CDS database is provisioned, then optionally D365 apps can be enabled for it (assuming appropriate D365 license assigned). D365 Customer Voice (Forms Pro) would be stored as well in there if appropriate license is assigned. 

All licensed M365, Dynamics 365, Power Apps, or Power Automate users get access to the default environment with the Environment Maker role. More information at the reference below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/environments-overview#the-default-environment

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,226)