cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HS_Nico
Frequent Visitor

What does the "Column requirement" setting in the "Primary column" tab do?

Hello everyone,

I discovered a setting when creating a table that I can't find anything about in the documentation. What does the "Column requirement" setting in the "Primary column" tab do?

dataverse-column_requirement.jpg

Thank you for your help and best regards

Nico

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
HS_Nico
Frequent Visitor

I found out myself.

It's just a matter of whether or not the primary column must contain data for the row to be stored.

View solution in original post

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

• Business Required = Mandatory (Model Driven App shows red Asterix, validated on save and update)
  • Optional = Optional (Model Driven App no marker)
  • Business Recommended = Would like it filled in but still optional (Model Driven App shows blue cross)

Business recommended was always available in the Classic interface, but when they first implemented the Maker interface it was not listed for selection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HS_Nico
Frequent Visitor

I found out myself.

It's just a matter of whether or not the primary column must contain data for the row to be stored.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

• Business Required = Mandatory (Model Driven App shows red Asterix, validated on save and update)
  • Optional = Optional (Model Driven App no marker)
  • Business Recommended = Would like it filled in but still optional (Model Driven App shows blue cross)

Business recommended was always available in the Classic interface, but when they first implemented the Maker interface it was not listed for selection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,461)