Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voltes
Helper V
Helper V

When actually business rule works?

Hello guys,

When actually Business Rule works ? I mean does it works when saving process only ? 

In some of the condition is when a field is contain data, does the business rule works when the this field lost focus ? Like when you mouse move to other field, the business rule already triggered ?

Sorry I am new to this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

@Voltes ,

Business rule which triggers on onload of form or onchange of field. It really depends on condition you set.

The field which are referred in business rule must be present inside the form or else it will not trigger.

If you want to trigger your business rule on server side code change. Then you need to set scope to entity so that it will trigger on both client and server side.

Including reference link below,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/data-platform-create-business-rule#co...

I hope it answers your question, kindly give kudo and accept it as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

@Voltes ,

Business rule which triggers on onload of form or onchange of field. It really depends on condition you set.

The field which are referred in business rule must be present inside the form or else it will not trigger.

If you want to trigger your business rule on server side code change. Then you need to set scope to entity so that it will trigger on both client and server side.

Including reference link below,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/data-platform-create-business-rule#co...

I hope it answers your question, kindly give kudo and accept it as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hi @Voltes,

Business processes will trigger based on the conditon which will perform.

For eg

if your condition says if Field A contains data then on load the business rule will trigger and perform operation

Choice field with A and B

If it's B you want to perform an operation means on change it will trigger

So it's purley depend on the operation which we have mentioned in Business Rules

Unfair that Business Role scope does not refer to section, tab or form, it only can handle fields..

@Yahya ,

Yes, but that is how it works as of now. To handle form, tab and section we can still use javascript.

I hope microsoft comes up with some solution using power fx to leverage low code for client scripting.

Regards,

Prakash

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,172)