cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

When the environment name be visible on PowerApps website in the flyout pane?

Hello,

I require a clarification on below points:

still require clarification on followings regarding the same concern:

My Understanding

Questions

if user is having an access on any of the apps on the environment, that environment should be visible in “Environment Flyout” pane.

1. Is this correct?
  2. Is there any least minimum role that allows “Environment Visibility” in “Environment Flyout” pane?
  3. Why user can not see the environment name in the flyout pane with “Common Data Service User” security role assigned?

MPP Admins have access on all the environment by default.

1. Is this correct?
  2. If Yes, then why user as MPP Admin can see only couple of environments?
  3. If No, How MPP Admins can view all the environments of MPP?

Can you please help on this?

Thanks and Regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dave8 ,

An environment will show up in your picker if you meet one of the following conditions:

• You're a member of the Environment Admin role for the environment.
  • You're a member of the Environment Maker role for the environment.
  • You aren't an Environment Admin or Environment Maker for the environment, but you've been given Contributor access to at least one app within the environment. In this case, you won't be able to create apps in this environment, you'll only be able to modify existing apps that have been shared with you.

What does MPP admin mean?

Whatever your role is, one of three conditions above must be met in order for the environment to appear in Environment Picker.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dave8 ,

An environment will show up in your picker if you meet one of the following conditions:

• You aren't an Environment Admin or Environment Maker for the environment, but you've been given Contributor access to at least one app within the environment. In this case, you won't be able to create apps in this environment, you'll only be able to modify existing apps that have been shared with you.

Whatever your role is, one of three conditions above must be met in order for the environment to appear in Environment Picker.

Hope this helps.

Sik

dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thank you for assisting @v-siky-msft Much appreciated!

MPP Admin == User assigned with "Microsoft PowerPlatform Admin Role" in Office 365.

Regarding your third point:

You aren't an Environment Admin or Environment Maker for the environment, but you've been given Contributor access to at least one app within the environment. In this case, you won't be able to create apps in this environment, you'll only be able to modify existing apps that have been shared with you.

If this app is a "Model Driven App" - How I make the user an Owner for that Model Driven App ? Which CDS Role/Permission is requiring for the same?

Thanks and Regards,

Hi @dave8 ,

The owner of the model-driven app is the owner of the user who created it in the source environment. There is no OOF tool to change the owner of model-driven apps. However, the alternative workaround is to export the model-driven app by solution and import on behalf of the desired account, then you can see the desired owner.

Hope this helps.

Sik

@v-siky-msft wrote:

Hi @dave8 ,

Hope this helps.

Sik

I can see an immediate issue here.  I believe Environment Maker role can also create flows, Dataverse tables and apps etc. in an environment. This will not be desirable for general users in any of the target environments, upstream from the development environment.. In my case, I want a small group of users to use the environment picker and select environments that host apps shared with them. They should not be able to edit these apps. I assume only users who are the co-owner of the canvas app and at least Environment Maker role, can edit the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,807)