cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHerm880
Regular Visitor

Where is Edit in Excel option for Dataverse tables?

Where is the option to edit the Dataverse table in Excel? Normally it is an option shown here after clicking on the ellipses next to a table.Capture.PNG

I've noticed this is missing as of 5/27/2022 and was present as of 5/26/2022. It's probably part of the update but where is it now or is this no longer supported?
Thanks, K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maggie_90

Hi @KHerm880 , I don't know whether you solved the problem yet, but I encountered the same thing.

If you select Tables in the Build tab in Power Apps for Teams, but don't select a specific table, you will get the option to 'Open in Powerapps' at the top of the screen.

Maggie_90_1-1654511115740.png

When you open in Power Apps your tables are shown again, and if you now click on the three dots next to one of the tables you get a drop down menu when you choose edit, and here you can select 'Edit in Excel'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @KHerm880 ,

I went into the table in my situation and in the top navigation I see the "Edit data in Excel".  Does this work for you?

dpoggemann_0-1654091357290.png

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Hi @dpoggemann ! I don't see an option for Edit in Excel, but I don't have a dropdown next to Edit. I see that is what you have, I am listed as an owner so I don't know why I don't have it. Also I'd like to mention we are using Dataverse for Teams.Capture2.PNG

Maggie_90

Hi @KHerm880 , I don't know whether you solved the problem yet, but I encountered the same thing.

If you select Tables in the Build tab in Power Apps for Teams, but don't select a specific table, you will get the option to 'Open in Powerapps' at the top of the screen.

Maggie_90_1-1654511115740.png

When you open in Power Apps your tables are shown again, and if you now click on the three dots next to one of the tables you get a drop down menu when you choose edit, and here you can select 'Edit in Excel'.

Thank you so much @Maggie_90 I hope Microsoft will update their documentation to follow this new UI workflow as it was not intuitive until you told me about it. Can't thank you enough for your helping me and my team!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,489)