cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
johnbradbury
Helper I
Helper I

Where's my data, am I being thick? (Excel Import)

The import to 'create new table' completed successfully, and I can see the table has been created. Unfortunately the data isn't showing, I assume I'm missing something?

 

Capture1.JPG

 

Capture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
johnbradbury
Helper I
Helper I

I've managed to resolve the issue. It appears to be the field types which auto-detected on my spreadsheet, I didn't fully check them during the transform part of the import and clearly put too much faith in the detection algorithm. Once I manually changed the field data types the import worked.

In some cases the field type had been detected as a number but was actually alpha numeric.


View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @johnbradbury,

 

Could you please check the Entity name which you have selected while importing.

 

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

 

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA

 

Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

The entity name was 'people-test', this entity didn't exist before the import (as I set the import to create this new entity 'import to new table').

 

 

I don’t think it’s just me. Others in my team have the same issue. Any thoughts?

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @johnbradbury,

 

That was Strange. Can you let me know weather the entity is Created or not.

 

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos


Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

It creates the table (entity), but no data shows. If I look at the import it shows as successful, bizarre.

 

It’s the same for at least three people in my team , all with the environment admin role.

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @johnbradbury,

 

One more Quick Check Please, Click on Gear Icon(rampprakash_0-1634648171177.png) at the top then Click on Advance Settings --> Then Select Data Management --> then Select --> Imports --> Change the View to ALL IMPORTS --> Then check the Import Data Status.

 

 

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos


Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

johnbradbury
Helper I
Helper I

I've managed to resolve the issue. It appears to be the field types which auto-detected on my spreadsheet, I didn't fully check them during the transform part of the import and clearly put too much faith in the detection algorithm. Once I manually changed the field data types the import worked.

In some cases the field type had been detected as a number but was actually alpha numeric.


Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (1,912)