cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
johnbradbury
Helper I
Helper I

Where's my data, am I being thick? (Excel Import)

The import to 'create new table' completed successfully, and I can see the table has been created. Unfortunately the data isn't showing, I assume I'm missing something?

 

Capture1.JPG

 

Capture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
johnbradbury
Helper I
Helper I

I've managed to resolve the issue. It appears to be the field types which auto-detected on my spreadsheet, I didn't fully check them during the transform part of the import and clearly put too much faith in the detection algorithm. Once I manually changed the field data types the import worked.

In some cases the field type had been detected as a number but was actually alpha numeric.


View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @johnbradbury,

 

Could you please check the Entity name which you have selected while importing.

 

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

 

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA

 

Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

The entity name was 'people-test', this entity didn't exist before the import (as I set the import to create this new entity 'import to new table').

 

 

I don’t think it’s just me. Others in my team have the same issue. Any thoughts?

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @johnbradbury,

 

That was Strange. Can you let me know weather the entity is Created or not.

 

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos


Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

It creates the table (entity), but no data shows. If I look at the import it shows as successful, bizarre.

 

It’s the same for at least three people in my team , all with the environment admin role.

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @johnbradbury,

 

One more Quick Check Please, Click on Gear Icon(rampprakash_0-1634648171177.png) at the top then Click on Advance Settings --> Then Select Data Management --> then Select --> Imports --> Change the View to ALL IMPORTS --> Then check the Import Data Status.

 

 

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos


Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

johnbradbury
Helper I
Helper I

I've managed to resolve the issue. It appears to be the field types which auto-detected on my spreadsheet, I didn't fully check them during the transform part of the import and clearly put too much faith in the detection algorithm. Once I manually changed the field data types the import worked.

In some cases the field type had been detected as a number but was actually alpha numeric.


Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,257)