cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Why dealing with Rollup and calculated Currency is impossible??

I have an OrderEntity and a Chila InvoiceEntity, Type of Invoice is Payable and Receivable. I want to Rollup for each Order its invoice and it does not seam possible to subtract (payable). Eh 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @EricRegnier , You got it right understanding the problem. Your proposal could work but I have to say I trust Realtime Process and Business Rules more than Power Automate..

I did reach a solution to my struggle after creating 2 new Currency columns in InvoiceEntity, 

AmountPayable

AmountReceivable 

With Business Rule in InvoiceEntity that

sets AmountPayable to Amount when Invoice Type is Payable and Clears AmountReceivable

sets AmountReceivable to Amount when Invoice Type is Receivable and Clears AmountPayable

and both AmountPayable and AmountReceivable are hidden As i dont need to see them in Forms/Views.

Now I could Roll up OrderEntity to add the AmountReceivable and deduct the AmountPayable and it works perfectly..

Thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Yahya,

If I understand this correctly you have an Order Entity and you want to total up the related invoices to that order and the invoice entity has both payable and receivable invoices. 

You should be able to sum up the invoices related to the order that are receivable by looking at whatever field is the determining factor (i.e. an optionset or whatever it is) and filter to only bring in the receivable to the rollup total.  

Is there a reason you can't qualify like this?  Now of course you are not filtering on this field but hopefully this is what you were looking for.  Please let me know if I am missing what you are asking.

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 8.13.35 PM.png

Hope this helps.  If answers your question, please accept.  Please like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Yahya,

If you want to rollup both Invoice of type Payable and Receivable into one total field which automatically subtracts or sums based payable or receivable, then no unfortunately it's not possible out of the box. Also, roll-up fields are not calculated in real-time (every 12h) so this might not be the right approach for you especially when dealing with money.

The other common option is calculating the total on the Order with Power Automate flow whenever a new invoice is created/deleted/updated, using the Dataverse connector.

Hope this helps!

Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @EricRegnier , You got it right understanding the problem. Your proposal could work but I have to say I trust Realtime Process and Business Rules more than Power Automate..

I did reach a solution to my struggle after creating 2 new Currency columns in InvoiceEntity, 

AmountPayable

AmountReceivable 

With Business Rule in InvoiceEntity that

sets AmountPayable to Amount when Invoice Type is Payable and Clears AmountReceivable

sets AmountReceivable to Amount when Invoice Type is Receivable and Clears AmountPayable

and both AmountPayable and AmountReceivable are hidden As i dont need to see them in Forms/Views.

Now I could Roll up OrderEntity to add the AmountReceivable and deduct the AmountPayable and it works perfectly..

Thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,537)