cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marie_25
Helper I
Helper I

You do not have permission to open the application - Dynamics 365 App for Outlook

Hello everyone! 

I have an issue where the user is being given the following error when accessing Dynamics 365 for Outlook app:

>Error msg screenshot

The user has the D365 app for Outlook User security role to his user. I have also checked that the Mailbox entity from the Business Management tab (of the mentioned security role) has privileges:

> Mailbox screenshot

I have also added privileges to the Record Creation and Update Rule:

> Record Creation and Update Rule screenshot

(The above 2 with regards to the Mailbox and Record Creation and Update Rule entities were found on the Microsoft support documentation).

The user has the Sales Professional security roles too. 

Are there any suggestions or anything that I might have missed, please? 

Thank you in advanced,

Marie

5 REPLIES 5
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marie_25,

Based on the error screenshot, it seems like the user doesn't have read privileges on the account table. Can you check all the roles assigned to make sure at least on have has read privileges on the account table? Note that is also may depend under which business unit the account is in and the level of access of the read privilege. For instance, if the read is set to user-level and the account is assigned to another user, the current user won't have access to it. He/she would be only able to access the records they own.

More info on security concepts: https://docs.microsoft.com/power-platform/admin/wp-security-cds 

Hope this helps!

Marie_25
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for your reply @EricRegnier 

The Sales Professional Manager has these privileges:

Marie_25_1-1620985786007.png

As far as I know, the user will have access according to the highest privileges, isn't that right?

Yes that correct. To help investigate the issue does it work when the user accesses the account via a model-driven app? Can he/she access that record?

@EricRegnier To my knowledge, yes as the user has already created accounts on the app.  

Did you get this working finally? If not, it's hard to tell here.... Suggest to open a Microsoft support ticket at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,609)