cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

adding link to a card form in a timeline

I'm using the timeline widget on a form in my model-driven app. It's a nice, compact display of the activities and notes attached to my entity. But in terms of UX, it's really lacking.  Here's snip of a task in my timeline:

halifaxious_0-1630074391340.png

I've highlighted in yellow the link to open the activity. This link is only available when hovering over the task and it's stuck in the midst of other actions that have record-changing consequences. 

I'd like to be able to open the task by clicking on the title line of the card. What is the best way to implement this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @halifaxious ,

Not that I know of in the timeline but of course you could add a subgrid of the related tasks to the form which would allow you to click on the name to go into the task directly and would not be mixed with all other items in the timeline.

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @halifaxious ,

Not that I know of in the timeline but of course you could add a subgrid of the related tasks to the form which would allow you to click on the name to go into the task directly and would not be mixed with all other items in the timeline.

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
rampprakash
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @halifaxious,

As per out of the box behaviour, this is not possible in timeline section.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,798)