cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

cannot import solution due to dependencies

In my dev environment I created a solution called WebResources. It contains 187 svg files and nothing else. None of its components are dependent on anything. Some of the components are required for other solutions.

I want to import WebResources into my test environment. When I try it gives the following message: Import failed due to missing dependencies for WebResources. If I click the 'show dependencies' button, a list of tables and relations from another of my dev solutions shows up. This makes no sense because svg files don't require any of those things. And the fact that those things require my svg files should not matter.

What is wrong and how do I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

I figured out how to fix this. I had to edit the solution.xml file in the export. I removed all the children of the <MissingDependencies /> node. Then I was able to import the solution without further difficulty.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rampprakash
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @halifaxious,

You will get a log files with XML while importing open in Excel you can find the error messages. Then you can add the file in your solution and try the same import again.

I know which objects it says it has a dependency on. That's not the problem. 

The problem is that there should be no dependencies.

rampprakash
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @halifaxious,

If you have all dependencies in the solution, make sure you have done Publish all Customisation before exporting it

All the customizations have been published.  In both solutions. That's NOT the issue.

I need to know how a requirement in solutionB is causing a dependency in solutionA which contains ONLY SVG files.  

halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

Since my question does not appear to be clear, here are some screenshots from classic view:

When I try to export Web Resources solution:

halifaxious_3-1634066389766.png

When I try to add required components as directed:

halifaxious_2-1634066257831.png

As you can see, there are no entities in my solution so no required components can be added. I checked all the other object types listed in the solution nav. They are all empty except for the svg files in the Web Resources list. This is normal and expected.

So why, when I try to export the solution, does it insist there are dependencies?

Hello @halifaxious,

You don't want to worry about exporting issue, because in the which is added like WebResources or etc will need a dependencies like FORMs/Views, hope that will be already available in your destination environment. You ignore this and try exporting it and import the same into our destination Environment. While Importing if any error occurs then we can add the same in our source and import it again.

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

I figured out how to fix this. I had to edit the solution.xml file in the export. I removed all the children of the <MissingDependencies /> node. Then I was able to import the solution without further difficulty.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,813)