cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

cannot set environment variable in managed solution

I just exported my new model-driven app as a managed solution and installed it on my test environment. When I went to adjust my environment variables, I discovered that I couldn't.

halifaxious_0-1635337541753.png

Does that mean that environment variables can only be set during import and only if the current value was removed before export? What if the value needs to change at some point after import?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

The point of environmental variables is that the "current value" is settable/editable after a managed solution is deployed.

I figured out how to do it. Rather than trying to set my current value from inside the deployed solution, I have to set it from the Default solution. Not very intuitive, but it makes sense when I think about it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @halifaxious,

As the solution is in MANAGED we cannot edit the Environment Variable. if it is with Unmanaged you can edit the environment variable in any place.

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

The point of environmental variables is that the "current value" is settable/editable after a managed solution is deployed.

I figured out how to do it. Rather than trying to set my current value from inside the deployed solution, I have to set it from the Default solution. Not very intuitive, but it makes sense when I think about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (4,629)