Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fsim
Helper II
Helper II

capturing approval creations (from Teams) with flows

Hello !

we plan to use the "new" approvals integration in Teams to speedup some approvals processes. It works pretty well on the side of the requesters and the approvers. Still I need to capture the approvals attachement. (*more on this below)
The only way I found  is to create a flow that triggers on the creation of a reccord in the cds. (new approvals)
Looking at the data, I can't find the file 😕 nor I can't filter on the source (I only need to get aprrovals created within teams) 

did someone already came through this ?

(*) Employee A want a bill to be validated by her boss (B). Finance controlers (C1, C2, C3) need to see all of them. 

ps) Yes, I found this link telling me it's a bad idea guidance-for-custom-solutions-using-approvals-data-stored-in-cds  still I need it twice. One for the above problem and one for BI reports 

thanks in advance

Fred

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @fsim,

To confirm, you are not using Dataverse for Teams right? Because approval flow attachments are not (yet) support for Dataverse for Teams.

If you're using standard Dataverse, then from what I've seen, it is unfortunately not possible to get reference to the attachment(s) from Dataverse and its tables/entities. I believe they're stored Blob Storage and can only be accessed via emails or the "Action items" menu in flow.microsoft.com.

You should submit that idea though at: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @fsim ,

I read through this a couple times and not sure I completely understand your question but I know attachments can be a pain to work with...  This article from Microsoft might help a lot to get you what you need (I hope).  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-attachments-to-your-common-data-service-entities/ 

Thanks much,

Drew

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @fsim,

To confirm, you are not using Dataverse for Teams right? Because approval flow attachments are not (yet) support for Dataverse for Teams.

If you're using standard Dataverse, then from what I've seen, it is unfortunately not possible to get reference to the attachment(s) from Dataverse and its tables/entities. I believe they're stored Blob Storage and can only be accessed via emails or the "Action items" menu in flow.microsoft.com.

You should submit that idea though at: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Cheers

View solution in original post

dee2005
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was also looking for this, I guess it would be nice to have a trigger like 'When an approval is created', any plans to include this?

@dpoggemann 

thanks a lot I will have a look. 

@EricRegnier , Hi!

I didn't even know there is a specific Dataverse for Teams. I found all the table in our d365 tenant. May be it's the same. It's a little bit confusing for me.

In the msdyn_flow_approval  I found something like this . It's obviously a link to the file in the approval process but it's encoded in a way I can't use 😕
https://*****-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/myemail/EfM81toG5ZZHsbexGZ...WYyYc2GG9t5dPg

I will submit the idea . thank you. because I don't understand how the new approval in temas can be usefull if you cannot export, in a way or another, the result of the approval process.

@dee2005 In fact you can trigger on the creation of a record in the dataverse, using the msdyn_flow_approval table.

Still I don't see a way to get the file 😕

Yeah, it would be a really handy feature to have. Let me know the idea link and I'll vote!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,295)