Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hildasteyn
Helper I
Helper I

choice field in table - where is this data stored

Hi Guys

One of the fields in my table is choice and I typed in the list of choices. I thought it would automatically create a second table containing the choices, but I don't see this among my tables. Where is the data of the choice stored? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@hildasteyn 

If you want to have a list of data stored in another table then you need a column of type lookup.

The choice is stored in a metadata tables that you won't be able to access but you can change the values through the UI.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@hildasteyn 

If you want to have a list of data stored in another table then you need a column of type lookup.

The choice is stored in a metadata tables that you won't be able to access but you can change the values through the UI.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
hildasteyn
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you so much. That was a fast, straight answer and it cleared it all up. Much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,341)