cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indiranoppe
Frequent Visitor

customize quick view on forms

i am using quick view to display prices of energy (coming from other entity). All rates are in 1 record, so both gas and electricity. We therefore offer the option of combining products. So, for example, product X for electricity and product Y for gas. The quick view is linked to a look up field, but the problem now is when I choose a product for electricity that I cannot choose another product for gas. For both products, I based the quick view on a different view. Can I solve this problem? Possibly with Javascript? I can also use business rules or flows for this, but the problem is that this is not really useful for the sellers. They always have to press save or refresh for a calculation. I also need this solution to compare rates.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @indiranoppe,

If I understand correctly, it seems that now your parent entity X (the one that has the quick views to display prices) can have more than one associated products. You can create an additional lookup for gas, but then you would be stuck in the same scenario if a 3rd product comes in. I would suggest to future proof it a little more to have a N-N (many-to-many) relationship between the parent entity X and your products so that you can associate any number of products. There are 2 main methods of having N-N relationships are:

1. Use out-of-the-box N-N relationship
  2. Custom one with a "junction" entity (an entity that has lookups to both parent X entity and product).

Both methods have pros and cons, but my personal preference is "junction" entity because you can have additional fields on the relationship such as "Relationship Type" whereas out-of-the-box N-N are pretty limited. Once you've established your N-N relationship, add a subgrid referring to your junction entity (or referring to out-of-the-box N-N) on the parent form where users will add products need be. You can modify the view to add the price and any other required columns.

Hope this all makes sense...

View solution in original post

indiranoppe
Frequent Visitor

The problem is fixed. I just add a second lookup field in my columns. Now i have 2 different results on de same entity;

dpoggemann
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

If this aligns with what I suggested (I think it does), if so, please mark accepted.  Thanks much!  Drew

5 REPLIES 5
dpoggemann
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @indiranoppe ,

Hopefully you can provide a little more details here...    I read through this a couple / few times and not sure I completely have it.  I am initially thinking the following:

1. Two lookup fields on your entity.for Gas Product and Electricity Product
  2. User can populate either of these fields with the Gas products filtering to only Gas with View and Electricity filtering to only Electrical products
  3. Once selected the quick view will be populated immediately
  4. Might have a third lookup that would be the "Selected" product that will be the one they choose to connect overall.

With the above you will be able to compare the product information between the different options.  If this doesn't make sense (as it may not) you could build a simple Canvas App and embed in the form that is a gallery of the Products and allow the user to even select multiple for comparison where they could then select the product you want and this could populate a single lookup on your entity form with the one they selected.  This would be a great user experience, in my opinion, and give you additional options in the future to extend with pictures etc. on the products...  If you have not worked with Canvas Apps much the AppInADay Power App exercise even has. a gallery app you build and do comparisons so good place to start.  https://aka.ms/appinaday 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Drew

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @indiranoppe,

If I understand correctly, it seems that now your parent entity X (the one that has the quick views to display prices) can have more than one associated products. You can create an additional lookup for gas, but then you would be stuck in the same scenario if a 3rd product comes in. I would suggest to future proof it a little more to have a N-N (many-to-many) relationship between the parent entity X and your products so that you can associate any number of products. There are 2 main methods of having N-N relationships are:

1. Use out-of-the-box N-N relationship
  2. Custom one with a "junction" entity (an entity that has lookups to both parent X entity and product).

Both methods have pros and cons, but my personal preference is "junction" entity because you can have additional fields on the relationship such as "Relationship Type" whereas out-of-the-box N-N are pretty limited. Once you've established your N-N relationship, add a subgrid referring to your junction entity (or referring to out-of-the-box N-N) on the parent form where users will add products need be. You can modify the view to add the price and any other required columns.

Hope this all makes sense...

indiranoppe
Frequent Visitor

The problem is fixed. I just add a second lookup field in my columns. Now i have 2 different results on de same entity;

dpoggemann
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

If this aligns with what I suggested (I think it does), if so, please mark accepted.  Thanks much!  Drew

Yes correct. Actuelly it was very simple, i don't understand why i had to make ik so diffucult. 😂

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (35,375)