cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veeru_d

how to automate outlook mail download links

Hi, I do get download links in my outlook mail, is there anyway i can automate to download the links into share point folder. Looking out a solution in power apps.

2 REPLIES 2
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @veeru_d,

I think there are a few options:

1. First thought was using Office 365 SDK to build a Outlook add-in: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/quickstarts/outlook-quickstart?tabs=yeomangenera... However you are not using the Power Platform for this.
  2. You can probably achieve this with Power Automate. When a new email arrives trigger with the Exchange Connector V3, check the body of the email, if it contains the download link, then perform a HTTP action to the download link to get the file. After that, you can use the SharePoint connector to upload the file to SharePoint. This option assumes though there's some kind of convention for the download link, otherwise, it would get more complex to determine if the link is a download file versus standard hyperlink.
    2020-04-22_20-25-35.png

Hope this helps!

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @veeru_d 

Could you please share more details about your requirement?

Does the download link mean attachments?  If not, could you please share some examples.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,187)