Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sang73
Helper I
Helper I

how to reverse source destination in a data integration project

hi All

I am able to export D365FO data to CDS using a standard data integration template

some data will be update in CDS thanks to a powerapps

now, I would like to update some information back to D365FO.

however, I cannot figure out where is the configuration of the source / destination in a data integration project

thanks for you help

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sang73 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you also want to sync data from your CDS to your D365FO table within your Data Integration Project?

If you also want to sync data from your CDS to your D365FO table within your Data Integration Project, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps.

Currently, within Data Integration Project of PowerApps, if you want to sync data from one server to another server, you must create a Data Integration project based on the pre-defined templates (e.g. "Fin and Ops to CDS", "SQL Server to CDS", ...).

Currently, there is no "CDS to Fin and Ops" template is defined within the Data Integration functionality of PowerApps.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-xida-msft 

here is my scenario:

- I export D365FO Service Order Header to CDS

- I develop a PowerApps so that Engineer can check what is their Service Orders and write their field report

- once done, I would like to automatically update the Service Order Header Stage to "Completed" within D365FO

related from your comment: 

Do you also want to sync data from your CDS to your D365FO table within your Data Integration Project?

yes, using of course a different Data Ingegration project.

I understand that Data Integration Project are based on template, but based on this document, it state that I can mention the direction of the flow in a custom template

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator#how-to-create-your-own-templat...

image.png

Ultimately, since Microsoft is pushing hard so developper use PowerApps & CDS,It would be rather disappointed to not be able to update D365FO data from PowerApps/CDS.

Hi @v-xida-msft 
sorry to chase, but have you got the chance to look at my above feedback

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (62,257)