cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remopowerapps

how to use an ext field to filter a gallery in powerapps

hello everyone, I'm new in the powerapps technology and I have a question, cause I can't figure it out by myself. basically I have a gallery which contains a list of tickets and displays some informations about them. I have a dataverse database in which this informations are stored. and in the tickets column I have an ext field which is basically the relationship between the tickets table and the events table. my problem is in particular the items property of the gallery. I have setted it to use the Tickets table. but i want to be able to filter my tickets based on the events name, using this ext property which is of research type. but every time i tried powerapps gives me an error. because the column is not of type text. also another problem i have is: i can access the value of this column by doing thisitem. Name of the Ext field.Name and displays me the event name but i can do this only in the subtitles of my gallery. is there any solution? thanks every

2 REPLIES 2
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Remopowerapps,

In my canvas App I am giving the user the ability to filter by an "Instrument" from a "Registrations" table.  The Instrument is an other table and is a Lookup field on the Registrations table.  I display the list of Instruments in a ComboBox with the following code:  Filter(Instruments, 'Active Instruments') which is filtering by a view setup in the Dataverse.

I then do the following in my "Items" in the Gallery.  

Filter(
Registrations,
'Registrations (Views)'.'My Active Registrations',
IsBlank(cbInstrumentFilter.SelectedItems.Name) || IsEmpty(cbInstrumentFilter.SelectedItems) || Instrument.Name = cbInstrumentFilter.Selected.Name)

Hopefully this helps you identify how to solve since I think it is a similar situation...  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Thank I'll have a look and see if it works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,957)