Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daruom
Helper II
Helper II

how to use many-to-many relationships

Hello,

I have an application that uses the SharePoint lists that I want to pass into the Dataverse, but I can't seem to use the many-to-many relationships.

Relationships.PNG

I created 2 tables, "Type of audit" and "Criteria". Then I created a many-to-many relationship.

The "Criteria" table already contains data, in 1 single column named "Critere".
The "Audit type" table does not contain data, there is only one column named "Audit type".

I would like to add data in the "Audit type" table and, in the "Criteria" relation, insert several values.

When I do "Add Record", I don't know how to add the criteria.

AddRecord.PNG

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

2 things:

• With 1:n and n:n relationships you have to save the record before you can associate it with other records.
  • your form for creating audit records needs to have a sub-grid component that is bound to the Criteria table

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

2 things:

• With 1:n and n:n relationships you have to save the record before you can associate it with other records.
  • your form for creating audit records needs to have a sub-grid component that is bound to the Criteria table

View solution in original post

daruom
Helper II
Helper II

Hello @halifaxious 

Thank you for your answer.
I had put the sub-grid correctly, but I thought I could add the relation to the creation.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,526)