Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daruom
Helper II
Helper II

how to use many-to-many relationships

Hello,

I have an application that uses the SharePoint lists that I want to pass into the Dataverse, but I can't seem to use the many-to-many relationships.

Relationships.PNG

I created 2 tables, "Type of audit" and "Criteria". Then I created a many-to-many relationship.

The "Criteria" table already contains data, in 1 single column named "Critere".
The "Audit type" table does not contain data, there is only one column named "Audit type".

I would like to add data in the "Audit type" table and, in the "Criteria" relation, insert several values.

When I do "Add Record", I don't know how to add the criteria.

AddRecord.PNG

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

2 things:

• With 1:n and n:n relationships you have to save the record before you can associate it with other records.
  • your form for creating audit records needs to have a sub-grid component that is bound to the Criteria table

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

2 things:

• With 1:n and n:n relationships you have to save the record before you can associate it with other records.
  • your form for creating audit records needs to have a sub-grid component that is bound to the Criteria table

View solution in original post

daruom
Helper II
Helper II

Hello @halifaxious 

Thank you for your answer.
I had put the sub-grid correctly, but I thought I could add the relation to the creation.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,579)