cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stijn007
Advocate III
Advocate III

import data from SP list or excel into a table in teams project oakdale

Maybe i'm doing something wrong but i can't import data from sharepoint lists or excel into a table in powerapps from teams ( project oakdale ) 

Is the only possibility creating a new table and never have the possibility to import data? 

4 REPLIES 4
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @Stijn007 

The documentation on this is vague but indicates that you build your own data import capabilities through a Power App itself or using Power Automate.

It also looks like importing via dataflow will be available at some stage based on the 2020 Release Wave 2 notes

How do users import data into tables in Project Oakdale?

Makers have the opportunity to bring in data through both the apps they develop as well as via connectors in Power Apps and Power Automate.

AlanBourke
Helper I
Helper I

Let's invent a platform that will have a huge number of users rebuilding legacy on-premise apps, but let's make it really hard for them to get the legacy data into it!

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Stijn007,

Just following-up on this, not sure if you resolved yet. As @HSheild mentioned with Dataverse for Teams (formally Project Oakdale) which is a lite version of standard Dataverse it is only possible to import via Power Automate.

More info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/data-platform-compare

Hopefully, the links we provided helps. Cheers!

AlanBourke
Helper I
Helper I

You can import from Excel into Dataverse For Teams. Not via the Teams client application though, only when accessing Teams in a browser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,575)