cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kesh
Advocate III
Advocate III

import from excel with blank values

Hi, I have an issue with an import from Excel to CDS. My import fail because of some blanck culumns.

My CDS destination table has a culumn named Classification and can "A";"B" or "C" (option list). And can be blanck (not an obligation).

If I want to import lines from Excel, I have and error with lines where this value is blank.

How could I avoid this error ?

this is the error message:

image.png

thank you in advance,

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
SeanHenderson
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @Kesh 

If you use the data import wizard, these errors won't occur. It will even let you decide what you want to do with blank values, like ignore them.

The data import wizard is found by clicking the gear in the top right of make.powerapps.com then clicking admin center. In the admin center, select your environment and click settings. From the settings page select Data Management then Data Import Wizard. Then click Import Data along the top.

This will start the wizard. Your CDS destination needs to be prepared first (sounds like you already did this) and your excel file needs to be saved as CSV. The rest is pretty easy to follow, let me know if you have any issues!

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kesh ,

Based on the error message that you mentioned, it seems to tell that there is something wrong with the value provided for the Classification field when importing data from Excel to CDS Entity. I think this issue is not related to Blank values.

If you defined the Classification field as "Option Set" type column in your CDS Entity, when you provide value for this column, you could only choose value from the available options -- "A";"B" or "C" or Blank. You could not provide a custom value (not list under the available options) for the Classification field.

Please check if the values from your Excel table you want to provide for the Classification field is within the available options ("A";"B" or "C"). As an alternative solution, you could consider set up normal Text type column to store the values from your Excel table instead of Option Set Type column.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,390)