cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenniferK
Advocate II
Advocate II

incompatible types error in Lookup()

I have 2 dataverse tables, call them A and B. In my canvas app, I want to create a collection where table A data is grouped by table B.type.

Table A

• aid
  • name
  • price
  • B (lookup)

Table B

• bid
  • name (auto-id)
  • type (choice column)
  • category (choice column)

In my canvas app I created a collection to cache table A's data since it doesn't change often and there's not a lot of it. Then I tried to add a column from table B to my collection.

ClearCollect(Acoll,Filter('A','A (Views)'.'Active As')); 
ClearCollect(typedAcoll,AddColumns(Acoll,"type",LookUp(B,bid=Acoll.B.B)))

But there is an error with the Lookup when creating the typedAcoll collection: Incompatible types, GUID and Table.

I've tried a number of variations, but for some reason I cannot get the GUID for table B from Acoll. What am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
bipinshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

I have used below code to join Account and Contact Entity.

ClearCollect(AccountData, Filter(Accounts, 'Accounts (Views)'.'Active Accounts'));
ClearCollect(ContactData, Filter(Contacts, 'Contacts (Views)'.'Active Contacts'));
ClearCollect(TypeAccountData, AddColumns(AccountData, "Gender", LookUp(ContactData, Contact=AccountData[@'Primary Contact'].Contact,Gender)))

Try to follow the same approach for your tables. It should work.

Please mark my answer verified if this is helpful!

Regards,

Bipin Kumar

Follow my Blog: https://xrmdynamicscrm.wordpress.com/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,109)