cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikas_rawat
Regular Visitor

issue retrieving emails from office365outlook

Hi Team,

I'm trying to build a powerapp which connects to my "Office365Outlook.GetEmailsV3" account and pulls out the top 500 emails but no luck. I can understand the logic to build the searchQuery under Graph Explorer:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages?$select=subject&$top=200

I wanted to pull the same result from "Office365Outlook.GetEmailsV3" and used inside my Gallery.

Pls help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@vikas_rawat,

Do you want to pull out the top 500 emails from your Outlook account to the Gallery?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario, how you set the Items property of your Gallery?

Currently, Office365Outlook.GetEmailsV3() function could only return 25 emails one time. If you enter a number more than 25, it will report error as below:090303.png

As an alternative solution, you could add more conditions to get the result, please modify your formula as below:

Office365Outlook.GetEmailsV3({top:25, searchQuery:"$posted a new reply "}).value

After that, you could get the 25 emails qualified for your need.

You can check more details as following:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#known-issues-and-limitations

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

I'm having a mailbox where we are getting severs alerts with respect to their cpu,mem, disk utilization stats. I wanted to grab those emails which contains "cpu" ,"mem", "disk" in their email subjects for log analysis which gonna show further in powerapps.

here it is:
Office365Outlook.GetEmailsV3({searchQuery:"subject:cpu or subject:mem or subject:disk",top:25}).value

In total we are getting around 100+ alerts for these categories on every day.

need any help or suggestion, how to accomplish this. 

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

You may want to look at a Power Automate flow that scrapes the email and push the information into a SharePoint list. You could then hookup your Power App to that list instead. 

could please help me with any example so that I can create a powerautomate flow but as far as I know, both poweratuomate & powerapp are using the same connector & the limitations top:25 emails.

appreciate, if anyone can share some screen shot of the flow/powerapps for better understanding the implementation process.

Hi@vikas_rawat

Based on your needs, do you want to get more than 100 emails one time?

I am afraid there is no way to achieve this in PowerApps currently. 

Here is a similar idea you can vote for:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Remove-or-extend-the-25-emails-limit-for-GetEma...

If you want to get more support on this issue, you can open a Ticket.

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,407)