cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

limit related entities to records with specific property value

I have a hierarchical entity, Org Structure with a Choice property, Unit type.  It is a lookup property on the Profit Centre table. Profit Centres may only be related to Org Structures of type "department". 

I've created a "Department view" to use on forms. But this still allows form creators to make a form where the business requirement would not be enforced. Granted that this is a low risk, but I'd prefer to forbid relationships with Org Structures of the wrong type. Is there a way of doing this?

1 REPLY 1
MayankP
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @halifaxious 

I guess you could put business rules or real time validation workflow  or simple Javascript or Plugin (c# code) to validate when profit centre records gets saved, user select valid Org Structure record...

another way to may be restrict user to see only Org Structure record of department type … to done here ...https://mayankp.wordpress.com/2021/08/11/dynamics-365-setting-up-owner-look-up-to-display-only-teams...   (although user might still change view so better to do validation as suggested above)..

see if this helps...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,055)