Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennisb88
Resolver III
Resolver III

model driven app hide form

Hi all,

I was wondering if (and how) I can hide some forms in my Model Driven App.

The data that's inside the tables (related) to the form must be readable for other users from lookup fields. 

So what I have is the follow:

1. Pricing: Contains info about Pricing and marges > Data table: Prices
  2. Orders: Contains info about orders with a lookup to prices table (column pricing). Orders are stored in the table named 'Orders'. 

I've two security roles: Finance that have read/write access to the prices table And a role "End user" has read/write access to the orders table and view permissions to the prices table.

In my model driven app I've added two forms:

• Pricing
  • Orders

I want that only the users with the security role: "Finance" can see the Pricing Form and Orders form. Users with the "End User Role" must only see the form : Orders" And NOT the Pricing form.

I try to do this in Form Settings, but that's not give me the result.

Anyone know how to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dennisb88,

You can configure a form to only be viewable by one or more security role. Steps to do so are described here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/control-access-forms

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @dennisb88,

Since you've given read privileges to the Pricing table to your end user role, they will be able to see the data. If you want to hide much of the pricing details from the end user, you can create another form for Pricing and include only the columns you want them to see, and associate the end user security role with it so by default they see that form. Note though that they can still use Advanced find to view all the column data.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @ChrisPiasecki ,

Thank you for your response.

I was hoping I was be able to hide some forms and make it visible for specific user roles. This because users don't have to much forms in the app that they don't use by default. It's not a problem that they can see the other details by advanced search actions.

So if I understand you right, it is not possible to hide forms in the model driven app based on security roles?

Hi @dennisb88,

You can configure a form to only be viewable by one or more security role. Steps to do so are described here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/control-access-forms

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,207)