Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VilPel
Super User
Super User

"SharePoint Sites" - Dataverse table

Hello community,

Today I discovered something intriguing in Dataverse. I have followed Shane Young's tutorial to build a SharePoint document library browser in Power Apps. The missing feature in his tutorial is that you can't browse other SharePoint sites.

I found out that Dataverse has a table called "SharePoint Sites" and I assume it would populate all the SharePoint sites that I have access to. Is this true?

Screenshot_39.png

Also, when I try to display data from this table in Power Apps, the gallery is empty no matter what views I use.

Screenshot_40.png 

What is this table and could I somehow use it to make the document library browser go 1 level higher to browse SharePoint sites?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VilPel ,

The value of site needs to be added manually.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1631503576950.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1631503603993.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1631503667724.png

Microsoft Dataverse supports integration with SharePoint Online that enables you to use the document management capabilities of SharePoint from within Dataverse.

Power Apps portals now supports uploading and displaying documents to and from SharePoint directly on a basic form or advanced form in a portal.

This allows portal users to view, download, add, and delete documents from a portal. Portal users can also create subfolders to organize their documents.

Here

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Akash17
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi 

Instead of using blank vertical gallery try using Vertical gallery and check your data will be visible and if you want to use blank vertical only then click on pencil icon and take label your data may be visible

Thank you

Hi,

It's not a blank vertical gallery in the screenshot I posted. I am using the layout of image, title and subtitle but no data is shown.

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel,

Answer for your first Question :

Yes the Location will show based on your access

Second Screen shot:

Check the Field contains data usually you can try ThisItem.AbsoluteURL

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com
Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VilPel ,

The value of site needs to be added manually.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1631503576950.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1631503603993.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1631503667724.png

Microsoft Dataverse supports integration with SharePoint Online that enables you to use the document management capabilities of SharePoint from within Dataverse.

Power Apps portals now supports uploading and displaying documents to and from SharePoint directly on a basic form or advanced form in a portal.

This allows portal users to view, download, add, and delete documents from a portal. Portal users can also create subfolders to organize their documents.

Here

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,705)