cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

the data returned by the service is invalid.

When i use CountRows() to counts the number records in a table which i created in CDS,it reports a question that "the data returned by the service is invalid."

I have searched for help,but the articles don't write the Detailed process.I'm still confused.

I wish someone can help me,sincerely.

Best wishes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, 

To ensure it's not a security/privilege issue, can you confirm that you're System Administrator in the environment? Or can you try with a System Administrator account. To check your roles:

1. In make.powerapps.com, click on the gear icon on the top right, then Advanced Settings
  2. On the top navigation bar, select Settings --> Security --> Users
    2020-07-21_21-45-19.png
  3. Find and select or open your user record and click on "Manage Roles" button in the command bar
  4. Check if you have the security role "System Administrator" check. If not, can you select it and save and close.
  5. If you can assign yourself the role, please check with the system administrator of your organisation

Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

There is a setting for enhanced delegation in your app that makes CountRows delegable. Without this setting CountRows cannot be delegated to CDS. Is this setting enabled?

if that doesn’t fix it, please post your count rows formula

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlindstrom 

Yes, i have done it,but it doesn't work.

Is there another way ?

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous :

The cause of the problem may be that you lack permissions to this entity.

I suggest you refer to @EricRegnier 's reply in this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/CountRows-The-data-returned-by-the-service-is-invalid/td-p/622655

In addition, you can also ask the "System Administrator" to give you a higher-level security role.

Best Regards,

Bof

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bofeng-msft 

Thanks for helping.

I have seen before and have tried it.But it didn't work.I still have doubt. I don't know concrete steps.

If you have free time,Please tell me the concrete steps.

Sincerely.

Hi @Anonymous, 

To ensure it's not a security/privilege issue, can you confirm that you're System Administrator in the environment? Or can you try with a System Administrator account. To check your roles:

1. In make.powerapps.com, click on the gear icon on the top right, then Advanced Settings
  2. On the top navigation bar, select Settings --> Security --> Users
    2020-07-21_21-45-19.png
  3. Find and select or open your user record and click on "Manage Roles" button in the command bar
  4. Check if you have the security role "System Administrator" check. If not, can you select it and save and close.
  5. If you can assign yourself the role, please check with the system administrator of your organisation

Hope this helps...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EricRegnier 

Thank you very much

This resolved my identical issue. - Thank you @jlindstrom 

Hi @EricRegnier ,
Does this mean that other users using my app who doesn't have the "System Administrator" role will face the error?

Hi @valerie-tsh, no suggest users do not have the System Admin role, but users do need the correct privileges in Dataverse (formally CDS). Assigning System Admin role is a quick check to isolate the problem and see if your issue is a privilege issue.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,207)