Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ViStr
Level: Powered On

BUG: screen become smaller on Android

Hi All.

I found the following issue on Android phone:
my phone allows to hide the navigation bar. So if you hide the navigation bar when the PowerApps application is opened, a gray bar of the same size will be placed on the screen. It reduce overal screen size of PowerApps application.
After these actions, it will not be possible to remove the gray bar with the hidden navigation bar.

Screenshot_2017-12-26-09-13-11-208.jpegWith Navigation barScreenshot_2017-12-26-09-13-22-639.jpegWithout Navigation bar

Viktor Strizhakov
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: BUG: screen become smaller on Android

Thanks for the details - seems we may have a bug around this. I'll add a bug to our backlog. This option does appear to be fairly uncommon. We have a few devices with soft nav bars but none of them have the optoin to manually hide it (without a hack).

Thanks for reporting this issue!

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ViStr,

1. Is this happening to all your apps and all androd phone? Could you please test with different ones? 

2. May I know how did you hide the navigation bar on your Android phone? Please tell the detailed steps so that I could try to reproduce your issue to confirm if this is a bug or not.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ViStr

Mona, hi.

1. It happens only with PowerApps applications. All others android apps works smoothly even I show or hide navigation bar. At the same time even PowerApps player work correct with hided navi bar. But if I open any application in PA player, yes, here is it - gray box at the bottom of screen.

I can't find any android phone without hard buttons at this moment. But I'll try to represent the issue, when get another phone.

2. Well. First of all you need an android phone without hard navigation buttons (in my case - Lenovo P2). Then, you should go to settings -> System button -> Turn on Navigation bar can be hidden. That's all - now it is possible to hide navi bar. Hide navi bar. Open any PowerApps application. Show navi bar and then hide it again - gray box will be on the place of navi bar.

Viktor Strizhakov
Microsoft Employee

Hi @ViStr

Thanks for reporting the issue. We don't have any devices on hand that support the ability to hide the nav bar. Can you please tell us what device and OS version you are using and also if it is a modified OS (ie a custom ROM).

Thanks

ViStr

Hi @dnp

My device is 

Model: Lenovo P2 (P2a42)

Build: P2a42_S251_171107_ROW

Android 7.0 (factory OS)

PowerApps player ver: 2.0.733

I don't have any root priviliege on my device.

Screenshot_2017-12-29-08-16-10-325.jpegInfo about deviceScreenshot_2017-12-27-13-45-59-404.jpegSettingsScreenshot_2017-12-27-13-46-23-548.jpegOption

Viktor Strizhakov
Microsoft Employee

Thanks for the details - seems we may have a bug around this. I'll add a bug to our backlog. This option does appear to be fairly uncommon. We have a few devices with soft nav bars but none of them have the optoin to manually hide it (without a hack).

Thanks for reporting this issue!

ViStr

Well, after latest update issue was resoleved! Thanks MS!

Viktor Strizhakov
Microsoft Employee

Thanks for the feedback!