cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveone
Level: Powered On

Powerapps crashes saving offline the images (1.2MB) taken with the mobile's photo camera

I am developing an app connected to SharePoint; this app has the Online and Offline capability.

Saving the images (1.2MB) taken with the mobile's photo camera to a collection and then saving the collection offline, the app craches after long tentaives to save the collection in the mobile memory.

This problem has been detected with Android on Powerapps v2.0.770 and also with Windows Phone on Powerapps v2.0.771

15 REPLIES 15
PowerApps Staff ShantanuP
PowerApps Staff

Re: Powerapps crashes saving offline the images (1.2MB) taken with the mobile's photo camera

How are  you saving the collection offline? Also can you share the sessionId? You can get sessionId by clicking on hamburger menu and session details.

ldurland

Re: Powerapps crashes saving offline the images (1.2MB) taken with the mobile's photo camera

i also am experiencing this on iphone6. I use SaveData(Collection,"Collection"). It crashes after about 4 images are added or trying to be added to the collection. Another user in another post from last year also experienced the same thing. 

daveone

I use this code to save the pictures in the collection and then offline

Collect(PictureListOffline; PictureList);;
SaveData(PictureListOffline;"PictureListOffline");;
Clear(PicturList)

I made a test also with a mobile Asuz Zenfone 2 with Android 6.0.1 and the app works fine (powerapps 2.0.770) while the same app craches on Samsung j7 Android 7.0 with the same version of Powerapps 2.0.770

For Samsung where the problem persists, the session ID is: bf02047e-5760-417b-a588-874f5164bf39

For Asus where the app works fine, the session ID is: 23015b0c-8d9f-4836-b588-580cde130a91

daveone

Today also with Asus the same problem.

I made some other tests and my assumption is that when the collection on which I store the photos offline, has already one photo (~1.2MB) or more then one; collecting another photo (~1.2MB), Powerapps craches.

It seems that the collect function doesn't work properly if there ara a certain ammount of data already stored in the destination collection.

Maybe also other functions are affected by the same problem...

PowerApps Staff cherie
PowerApps Staff

Hey,

We are aware of issues with PowerApps crashing when saving images using the SaveData function and we are working on a solution.

Thanks

Cherie

daveone

Hi Cherie,
Is there already a roadmap for the solution of this issue?

Regards,
Davide

PowerApps Staff cherie
PowerApps Staff

We're currently working on it and identified a possible fix, but it is a hard problem to solve with our platform. Improvements will be made incrementally. I can keep you updated when we know more.

jolan

Hello,

I have the same issue with the funtion SaveData(LocalPhoto; "LocalPhoto") The app crash when I try to save 200 photos. Is there a known limitation for the function SaveData (Number of item or maximal size) ? 

When I do the same with Text data and there is no problem. 

Microsoft Employee

Yes, there is a limitation to the size of the data you can save.  This is dependent on device.  On an iPad Air 2, the limit should be 31 MB.  On an Android Nexus 6P, the limit is the same.