cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jolan
Level: Powered On

Re: Powerapps crashes saving offline the images (1.2MB) taken with the mobile's photo camera

Hello Vincent.

Thank you for your reply. I use a galaxy Tab 2 with android 7.0. How can know the limitation for my device ? 

AnthonyPhan
Level 8

Re: Powerapps crashes saving offline the images (1.2MB) taken with the mobile's photo camera

Hi, what is the limitation based on? And how can I find what is the limit for the device I am running?
Microsoft Employee

There is no way to predetermine the limit accurately.  It depends on the device and the memory consumption at the time of use.  The best way to determine the size limit is to test it yourself and build your app based on the test result.

sravankasyapk

Hey Guys, any update on resolution or workaround for this issue?

I have a Inspections app. For every inspection, we record defects and these defects can have up to 5 photos per defect along with other metadata. I have built this app for offline use. My app crashes on "SaveData" method trying to save 3 defects with 3 photos in each defect.

PowerApps version: 3.18124.25

Device OS: Android

Device: Levevo TB X103F

Session ID: ccac0e39-634a-4159-b34c-beb46f58329

Also tested the same on iPad mini 4 as well. Same result. Let me know if you need further details. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

sravankasyapk

Update:

After browsing few other posts on this forum, i tried below 2 approaches as possible workaround's and failed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. Instead of saving the whole image into device cache from collection, I tried to save base64 string of image.
    1. This option crashes after saving around 15-20 images.
  2. Instead of saving the whole image into device cache from collection, I tried to save the location or path of the image.
    1. This option also crashes after saving around 28-30 images. I did not understand why would this fail as well.

What i want to further explore is if PowerApps can save images to SQLite db on either Android or iOS device. If anyone has done, i would apprecite some input as to how to implement this.

Cheers!

PowerApps Staff sriniD
PowerApps Staff

@sravankasyapkIs this correct session Id? I didn't find any information here. Try to get  session Id using following link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid

BTW, We are working on improving saving offline. Can you try the latest updated version 3.19012.19. Please make sure re-publish your app in the studio by enable the preview feature "Enhance Save Data capability"(AppSettings->AdvanceSetting->Enhanced SaveData Capability->ToggleON) . Also make sure run your re-published on the device which have player version 3.19012.19 or later.  In case, 3.19012.19 versions delay in availablity in your region, you need wait till end of this week.