cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thomas
Level 8

Push Notification with parameter stopped working (iOS)

Hi!

My PowerApp executes a Flow, which notifies some people.

Two strings will be submitted. One to start with the right list-entry and one to display a message.

That worked until last week!

Now the iOS App will constantly load at the startscreen and don´t get further. Since the Windows 10 PowerApp is also able to receive Notifications, it works there Smiley Surprised

My Flow Parameter:

{
  "IdToSelect": "123",
  "SubjectText": "This is my text, to be displayed!"
}

My PowerApp OnStart-Trigger:

Set(ID;Param("IdToSelect"));;If(!IsBlank(ID);Navigate(DetailScreen1;ScreenTransition.None));

If the parameter is passed, I´ll directly navigate to the DetailScreen, which DetailForm has this Item:

If(!IsBlank(ID);LookUp('[dbo].[Entries]';StartsWith(No; ID));BrowseGallery1.Selected)

I´ve noticed that something changed with the loading/startup-functionality. It seemst that not all screens are being loaded. I thought it is related to that. So I sent an additional Email parallel to the notification.

This Mail contains a Hyperlink, which submits the parameter within the URL:

https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/app?IdToSelect=123&SubjectText=This+is+my+text,+to+be+displayed+&appId=%2fproviders%2fMicrosoft.PowerApps%2fapps%XXXXXX-XXX-XX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXX

Suprisingly, that worked! On Windows and iOS.

In summary: Submitting parameter via push notification does not work on iOS anymore.

6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft Employee

Re: Push Notification with parameter stopped working (iOS)

Hi Thomas,

Would it be possible for you to share a session ID from a launch that works and another that doesn't? This will help us to narrow down the issue for you.

Thanks!

Michael

Thomas
Level 8

Hello @Michael,

I´d like to provide the session ID´s. But I don´t know how to do so. Smiley Sad

There is a Button in my App, which executes a Flow. The Flow sends a Notification (Currently just to myself).

It will be received once on my iPhone and three times on my Win10 PC.

When I onclick the Notification, the App will be started on both devices. Not the Browser, where I could see the ID.

Including the ID inside of the App somehow, might work on Win10, but not on iOS, due to the fact it will not pass the Start-Icon (Loading forever).

If you can help me out, I surely provide you any helpfful information!

Thanks for your support!

Thomas

Microsoft Employee

Hi @Thomas,

For the Windows 10 app, you can find your session ID by clicking on your name in the top right and then on "Session details" under Diagnostics.

For iOS tapping on the hamburger menu in the top left and then "Session details" under Help will likewise give you a session ID.

When you describe iOS hanging, is that the specific app that you are trying to launch hanging during startup or is it PowerApps as a whole hanging? If it is the former, you can swipe from the left side of the screen to close the app and get to the session details.

Lastly, you mentioned some potential issues with not all of the screens being loaded. Can you check for the app you are trying to launch if the experimental feature "Delayed load" is enabled? You can find this by opening the app for editing and then going to the File menu and clicking on "App settings". Under Experimental features is a toggle switch for the "Delayed load" feature. If this is enabled, you can try disabling it, saving the app and publishing it to see if that is the source of your issue.

Thanks,

Michael

Thomas
Level 8

Hello @Michael,

allright, now I got it!

The Session ID is within the main PowerApp and not in the executing, custom App itself!

Windows 10 - working:

Sitzungs-ID: aa972290-4db5-612a-b0f5-a07565ca82ed
PowerApps 2.0.720

iOS 11 - not working:

Sitzungs-ID: 095f0138-8b07-87b5-8015-da18dba65569

PowerApps is fine, my custom App will be downloaded after a change, executed and my App Logo appears with the moving dots.

The endlessloop only appears opening it by a notification with parameters. Else it will start a second later.

The mentioned experimental feature is OFF.

But I can explain what was changed to me: When I submitted a parameter, I´ve filtered the BrowserGallery in the main list, but started the detail view with BrowserGallery.Selected. That stopped working, so I changed it to the approach I described in the first Post.

I hope the ID´s help! Thank you,

Thomas

Microsoft Employee

Thanks for the session IDs! You also mentioned that on iOS, you were able to get everything working with a direct URL, bypassing the push notification. Are you able to share a session ID for this case as well?

Thanks,

Michael

Thomas
Level 8

Hello Michael,

opening the PowerApp sucessfully via URL on iOS:

Sitzungs-ID: ea03da85-f4f2-a03a-f1a1-4f4fcf7840f4

Thomas

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 97 members 4,355 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: