cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajs1
Level: Powered On

Re: Truly No-Code Solution for Saving Photos from PowerApps using Flow

Hello guys!

I was trying to use Add Picture tool instead of Camera, so I modified on select for 'Add picture" to:

Collect(PhotoGallery,{Photo:UploadedImage1.Image,Title:Text(Now(), DateTimeFormat.UTC)})

Seems like its not recognizing the uploaded photo. Do I have to do anything else in order to upload the photo ?

Thank you.

paul_culmsee
Level 8

This method does not work with the Add picture control. Have a look at my original comments in this thread for the alternative (and more flexible but complex) approach that works for the pen control as well as the audio control...

Paul

JRaasumaa
Level 10

@paul_culmsee wrote:

This method does not work with the Add picture control. Have a look at my original comments in this thread for the alternative (and more flexible but complex) approach that works for the pen control as well as the audio control...

Paul

Why not provide the link to the solution you are referring to? I see you edited your post to self flex in your signature but couldn't be bothered to provide the link to the actual content @ajs1 was looking for, super not helpful.

paul_culmsee
Level 8

JRaasumaa
Level 10

@paul_culmsee wrote:

Here tis... (sig gone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp-8B1fLrqs

Awesome, thank you. We've been looking at some options for getting the add picture controls to actually send files to Sharepoint and I'll watch this now to see if it's a solution we can use.

spg-john-liu
Level 8

... the link Paul is referring to, is the link this thread was quoting from page 1. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Truly-No-Code-Solution-for-Saving-Photos-from-Po...

it's complicated - there are two techniques been discussed. 

The binary webservice method is the method that me and Paul have been discussing on page 1, page 2 etc,

The dataUri method is the simpler method that this post is discussing.

The dataUri method ONLY handles text, and Camera control.  It can't do anything more complex.

The binary method is more powerful, but more complex.  We've kinda been saying this the whole thread...  I think when you understand what we are trying to say, you probably would understand why Paul and I kind of gave up telling everyone what the real problem is.

Until you got there, you just can't possibly know what we are trying to say the whole time.

JRaasumaa
Level 10

Until you got there, you just can't possibly know what we are trying to say the whole time.

Um... yes, yes we can understand exactly what you are talking about. In fact it's a problem that's been clearly documented by many people and if Paul has a solution that is easier than some of the messy Azure API's than I want to see it.

All I wanted was the link to what he was referring to, which he has now done.

So thank you Paul.

driverdo19
Level: Powered On

Pictures are succesfully stored on SharePoint, however now we face the problem we want to show these pictures in our App...

I know the URL of these images, however I can't see them (their just blank) when running the App on my phone or in PowerApps Studio, they are being show though in the webapps version (running in browser).

This is probably due to the fact that there is authentication needed or something like this, because images from a public source are shown correctly, anyone has any idea how to fix this one? Creating anonymous links from my pictures are not an option...

paul_culmsee
Level 8

spg-john-liu
Level 8

Um... yes, yes we can understand exactly what you are talking about. In fact it's a problem that's been clearly documented by many people and if Paul has a solution that is easier than some of the messy Azure API's than I want to see it.

Since we are all sharing links - here's mine from July.  Same technique, but without an awesome video that you can play in slow motion.

http://johnliu.net/blog/2017/7/building-non-json-webservices-with-flow

Let me know if I'm really not helping, I can stop and go away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 4,415 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: