cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
driverdo19
Level: Powered On

Re: Truly No-Code Solution for Saving Photos from PowerApps using Flow

Thanks!! I managed to show my pictures by formatting by URL as a picture field instead of an Hyperlink field, this did the job!

Kudos @paul_culmsee!!!

Super User
Super User

@paul_culmsee wrote:

Here tis... (sig gone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp-8B1fLrqs

So I managed to through most of this but there are 2 pieces that don't seem to work anymore.

The 1st is that upon editing the Flow and changing the Compose expression to include base64toBinary it just simply wipes out that expression and puts back in triggermultipart only. Any clue as to why Flow just chooses to ignore the value that I'm putting in expression? I've deleted the flow and started from scratch and each time I go back in to edit that specific line gets wiped out changing from  

base64ToBinary(triggermultipartbody(0)['$content'])

to 

triggermultipartbody(0)['$content']

The second major issue is using the http://specgen.apistudio.io website (which seems to be down now, which sucks) to generate the API code leaves out all of the default values from the pasted project URL which is very frustrating. I tried adding back in the defaults but to no avail.

Otherwise nice work on the video, hopefully I can get these two pieces sorted but that API website is still down so I'm stuck at this time.

paul_culmsee
Level 8

#1 is a flow bug. It works but does not display the function. You can prove it by exporting the flow if you want...

#2 In the comments of that video is a link to a sample swagger

Hor

Hi Paul. Could you advise me on how to save the gallery using concatenate function as mentioned? thank you !

Super User
Super User

@paul_culmsee wrote:

#1 is a flow bug. It works but does not display the function. You can prove it by exporting the flow if you want...

#2 In the comments of that video is a link to a sample swagger

Paul, thank you for all of what you did posting this info on your blog. After digging through it I was able to finally get the Flow to work without issue. This has allowed me to have users with mobile devices take photos outside of the app but upload them into both Sharepoint and SQL in 1 click.

Very much appreciated!

paul_culmsee
Level 8

Hi @Hor

This article by my buddy @MikaelSvenson explains it nicely...

http://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/saving-collection-of-images-from.html

regards

Paul

alsabea

nice  approche thanx for sharing

luuminhvuong93

Can anyone explain why I got this error ?

so many thanks !

flow erorr.PNG

tianaranjo
Level 8

The way I read this is there are 3 best possible ways to:

• Utilize device native camera
  • Send to SharePoint

The 3 or 4 possible solutions for doing so were provided by:

I have spent a great amount of effort trying to get Pauls solution to work - with no luck. (I feel like I'm close; yet it's like whack-a-mole, when I solve one issue, another arises.)

I tried Mikaels but haven't put too much time in it.  (It also did not work).

I'm hoping somebody here can advise on the best solution for getting photos from iPhone to SP using the native camera.  

I'll be at the MBA Conference next week; if any of you PowerApps Ninjas will be there - I hope to meet you.

Thanks, in advance, for your reply!

paulsouleco

Hi,

Thanks for this solution. However, now that I want to share the app with my colleagues, I figured out if they don't have the "SavePhoto" flow set up in their Microsoft flow, they can't upload photos. Is there a way to make this functionality sharable ?

Many thanks,

Paul