cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NickK
Level: Powered On

latest ios update (V2.0.811) has broken my app

the latest ios update (V2.0.811) has broken my app. The only workaround is to uninstall and re-install powerapps. This is completely unacceptable (and keeps happening) as I have over 200 users (including many executives) currently using this app. Even after re-install there are some label issues. 

Why does this keep happening? How can Microsoft push updates that kill someone app and the only workaround is to re-install powerapps on their device?

This has me seriously questioning if I want to continue to use Powerapps going forward when updates from Microsoft can disable a perfectly working app. 

Please push an update to fix this asap so I don't have to tell my 200+ users to uninstall, re-install, log back in. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Re: latest ios update (V2.0.811) has broken my app

Hi NickK,

We are sorry about the issues you are facing. Let's separate two set of issues you are facing so that we can better help you here.

The issue with v2.0.810 should not affect all of your users, it will only affect users who freshly installed PowerApps v2.0.810 or used your app for the first time with it. They will need to reinstall PowerApps and others should be fine without having to reinstall PowerApps. You can republish the app and they should not require to reinstall PowerApps. 

We understand that this is not ideal and it was a mistake in our engineering pipeline and we are doing changes to make sure it doesn't happen again. Based on our telemetry less that 5% of users may run into this issue and we tried to fix this as soon as possible.

I would really like to undderstand what is the label issue, can you please share some more details? That is something we have not heard and would like to get fixed for you.

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Hi NickK,

We are sorry about the issues you are facing. Let's separate two set of issues you are facing so that we can better help you here.

The issue with v2.0.810 should not affect all of your users, it will only affect users who freshly installed PowerApps v2.0.810 or used your app for the first time with it. They will need to reinstall PowerApps and others should be fine without having to reinstall PowerApps. You can republish the app and they should not require to reinstall PowerApps. 

We understand that this is not ideal and it was a mistake in our engineering pipeline and we are doing changes to make sure it doesn't happen again. Based on our telemetry less that 5% of users may run into this issue and we tried to fix this as soon as possible.

I would really like to undderstand what is the label issue, can you please share some more details? That is something we have not heard and would like to get fixed for you.

Regards,

NickK
Level: Powered On

Hi @sarafankit

Thanks for the response.

Both of the issues I was experiencing seem to have been resolved once I republished the app. 

Thanks, Nick