Walking through how to refresh datasets and create near real time reports in Power BI with the PowerApps Custom Visual.
There is also a video on this topic here
Starting from Power BI we need a report that is based on Direct Query. To save time you can download this report from here:
PAUser1@powermvps.com – PAUser108@powermvps.com
To save some steps the directions will just show doing this from “My Workspace” ….please remember “my workspace” is not really a recommended location.
IF you don’t see the Datasets click on “My Workspace” to expand out the artifacts in the workspace. …this may require a couple of attempts!
basic authentication method with the Username:
Ann and password provided.
17. Specify the data source is a SQL Server source
18. Specify to use a new connection
19. Create a new SQL Connection
Supply the following Data for the connection String
Password: See front of class
20. Specify to use the “Orders” Table
21. Select the fields property for the form.
22. Specify to use all the fields
23. Add Two Buttons
24. Set the OnSelect property to:
SubmitForm(Form1) ; PowerBIIntegration.Refresh()
Also Set the Text property to “Submit”
25. Set the onselect property of the first button to:
26. Save your application File > Save > Save (yes two of them!)
27. Test your application!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.